Thursday, February 11, 2010

0 Traffic Bombilation

By Kitty Choudhary


Buzzing horns! Crazy bikers! Urgency to reach on time! Frustrated & Drunkard drivers! Bulky parking! Uneasy environment! …… interminable concerns but where is the solution?

India's economic surge has resulted in a massive increase in the number of private vehicles on its roads overwhelming the transport infrastructure. Increase in traffic rush is definitely the matter of concern which needs to be falsify immediately.


First of all, traffic lights are part of rules which makes people to comply with in order to avoid accidents, but I have seen so many cycle riders and rickshaw pullers regorging on the authorities and not paying attention to the traffic rules, Why? Because there is no one who can expel their cycle licenses or can stop them from whooping over the wrong ways.

What’s your issue?-Wearing helmet is my concern, it spoils my hairstyle! To drive on a slow pace is my concern! To carry all of my family members on two wheeler is my concern! I have a car and two wheeler drivers who occupy the roads is my concern! I’m affected by Asthma and polluted environment is my concern! Driving without music is my concern! Attending calls and texting is my concern! Following others league is my concern! Claptrap issues but which one really needs to be worked on is the work of traffic authorities. When we know its just a matter of few bucks, and traffic police, who doesn’t earn much, its their way to increase their income and accomplish the basic amenities of their families.

Over crowded Traffic Effects:

* Delays, which may result in late arrival for employment, meetings, and education, resulting in lost business, disciplinary action or other personal losses.
* Wasted fuel increasing air pollution and carbon dioxide emissions which may contribute to global warming
* Wear and tear on vehicles as a result of idling in traffic and frequent acceleration and braking, leading to more frequent repairs and replacements.
* Stressed and frustrated motorists, encouraging road rage and reduced health of motorists
* Pollution caused by slow moving traffic. This is exacerbated if heavy diesel vehicles are part of the traffic flow.

System needs contiguous alteration in order to avoid the violation of traffic rules, traffic police requires a watchdog job from authorities, to ensure that they are not supporting bribe and making public aware about the traffic laws.

Hope to have some favored comments and supportive measures to reduce the traffic rush!!....

0 comments:

Post a Comment